My First Experience To Hatyai


One thing about me, I’m sort of the adventurous type, venturing out alone to places I don’t know. I like to also share my first experience to the Land Of Smile (LOS), in Hatyai.

It was back in 1982, when I became a "man" and got my “key” (21 years old) where I am allowed to travel out of the country by myself. I was in the Armed Forces at that time, and man, as usual during our free time, exchange stories with my collegues. It was this one guy who kept telling us of his sexual escapades to Hatyai, showing us pictures of the girls there, which burned my desire to travel to this wonderful place. 

I collected as much information as I can from my friends with regards to which hotel to stay, how much the girls will cost, etc.

When I got my “key”, I decided that it is time to travel out. So after some persuasion, mum decided it was OK for me to travel alone and gave me SGD500.00. I also have some savings on my own too.

One month before my expected departure, I started to prepare myself. No masturbation and no sex. Bought a bottle of multi-vitamin pills and take it obediently everyday. Also took Brands Essence of Chicken weekly. In camp, I went for jogs every morning and had a can of ABC stout almost every evening. When I looked at myself, man, was I powerful!!!

I went to Golden Mile Complex in Beach Road, Singapore and booked my bus ticket which was only $40 (2 way) plus another $2.00 for the illegal so-called “toll fee” which the Malaysian authorities collected along the journey. Then I went to the money changer to change $500.00. The rate then was $1.00 to 14 baht. Man..! I had 7,000 baht! I also bought a box of condoms on the advice of my friends as they said it was hard to get it in Hatyai at that time.

The night before my trip, I couldn’t sleep, getting excited over my first trip to "monger" out of the country, and to add to that, ALONE! I rehearsed and recalled all that I have learn from my friends. Also practiced some basic Thai words with a Thai-English dictionary which one of my friends loan me.

The next day, I went to Golden Mile to board my 44-seater bus. The bus was almost full with a mix of both Singaporeans and Thais (male and female). I did not get the chance to have one of the cute Thai girls sitting beside me, or else I could have struck a conversation with them on the journey.

The journey was a fucking long 18 plus hours. There were no highways at that time, and the bus do not provide blankets like they do today. Moreover, my damn seat couldn't even recline. Anyway, my excitement of going to Hatyai beats all discomfort I had in the bus, and my military training has taught me to sleep under any conditions (we can even sleep while standing in the drizzle, kekeke).

There were a few stops for breaks and eventually we reached the border in the wee hours of dawn. At the immigration point on the Thai side of the borders were many tuk-tuks coming to us with various brochures of hotels. I took out my Thai-English Dictionary to try to communicate with them, but fuck, they all speak Hokkien, a Chinese dialect that all Singaporeans know. Anyway, from earlier info I gathered back home, I negotiated with a tuk-tuk, and it took the tuk-tuk an hour before arriving at the hotel. Th first hotel has large rooms, no aircon but has a big fan in the ceiling for only 100 Baht. No can do, I wanted more comfort! The Tuk-tuk driver told me that aircon rooms will cost about 300 baht so we went to the recommended Scala Hotel. (You can’t find the hotel anymore.) where the tuk-tuk driver, Ah Tee carried my bag as I checked in to the hotel. Ah Tee, by the way was a Thai Chinese and speaks Teochew, another Chinese dialect similar to Hokkien.

The hotel was only 280 Baht, clean, with bathtub, etc, like what you find now in Hatyai Palace but newer. They have a coffeehouse at the lobby and a barber shop, lounge area with newspapers, etc. Once in my room, Ah Tee straight away ask me “Ah hia, ai cha bo mai?” which means "Big brother, do you want a girl?". I replied "of course", What the fuck (WTF) am I here for? So off we went on his tuk-tuk to the farm houses. Driving around in his tuk-tuk, I can see many guys with cute chicks having breakfast together and my interest level kept increasing, kekeke.

We reached a shophouse and the pimp there straight away “welcome” me, “lai, lai, lai, cha bo see beh swee” which means "Come come come, very pretty girls). The pimp pressed a buzzle with a long ring, and soon you see about 30 girls all gathering to “fall in” into their respective positions. I was asked to sit opposite the girls and to choose. 

WTF!!, like this? 30 pairs of eyes were looking at me! Fuck! I already felt shy and dare not look up back at them leh. Luckily, Ah Tee came and sat beside me and comforted me. Take you time, look slowly! At least with another guy beside me, I slowly scanned the girls with my radar eyes. Woooow! Really cute, man! Don’t know how to make up my mind.

Then Ah Tee asked me whether I have anyone in mind. I had, but he said to wait and see other places too! So he took me out, pimp smiling and saying come back later if I cannot find a suitable girl from other places. We went to a couple of doors away, and again same thing happened. Each pimp has their own method of getting the girls to fall in, some use whistle, some door bells, some just shouted.

I guessed I must have seen about 10 to 15 farms when Ah Tee asked me who I wanted. WTF, I cannot remember the farm which I spotted a chick, so Ah tee took me round again. Kekekeke. Those days, the tuk-tuk drivers were very patient. I finally found my chick, and after negotiation, the price came to 350 Baht for a ONe Night Stand (ONS). Fuck! the time was only about 11.00 am and she will be with me until 9.00 am the next day!

The girl’s name was “Joy” and man, is she going to give me one hell a lot of joy! She came with us on the tuk-tuk to the hotel, and Ah Tee told me he will fetch me at 1.00pm for lunch, giving me more than an hour to experience my "Joy".

To Be Continued

0 comments: